SCHOOL'S NEVER BEEN SO GOOD!
DON'T JUST SIT THERE DO IT......TODAY
SPECIAL LTD OFFER!
BOOK a 2 Day course TODAY AND WE WILL CREDIT YOU WITH £195 WHEN YOU PURCHASE YOUR NEW KITESURF PACKAGE FROM US!
* Can not be used with the AIRUSH Lithium Progression
Lessons/Courses normally run from 10am-4pm
DON'T forget, we will only hold lessons when it's windy enough or re-arrange!
All our course fees include instruction,equipment and ofcourse Insurance. We will provide kites, boards and wetsuits, harnesses, and helmets from sizes small to large. Our courses run at weekends and throughout the week.
This 2 day course will turn you from a complete novice into a safe kitesurfer, taking on board all the basics, plus the theory as well to ensure that you leave us confident to go out and rig your own kit up and get yourself out on the water in a safe manner. We wil also help in choosing the correct gear to purchase,
saving you wasting money on that "e.bay bargain" !
Maximum Instructor/Student ratio is 4 students to 1 instructor although we usually do 1 instructor to 2 students maximum!
If you want to become a safe and competent kitesurfer then this is the course for you!
Let us know your ideal dates and we will do our best to do the lessons on those dates, or if not suitable weather we will roll them on to your next available dates.
This is an excellent lesson for anyone who wants to get into the exciting new sport of kitesurfing
as safe & quick as possible.
Once you have completed your course you are entiltlled to special student discounts on kites, boards, safety equipment and harness's.
Call us for details as this can potentially save you hundreds of pounds.
*Please note, we do not take in car keys from students, these are your responsibilty, we do however sell Key Pouches and have them available in the van at the beach : https://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/accessories/waterproof-key-holder-pouch/
After all lessons you will receive an BKSA Competence Card - an internationally recognised record of the level you have achieved ready for you to take more lessons or rent equipment.
- Own set-up of LEI kite
- Controlled downwind, direction, one handed upwind and static-balance bodydragging
- Introduction to boardstart theory
- Boardstarts in the water
- Continuous riding with constant power delivery from the kite
- Edging the board and controlling the speed
- Upwind riding
- Debrief and Cafe
Why Choose Blast Kiteboarding?
*BKS Approved and Inspected
*Working Closely with Local Councils & BKS
*Highest Safety Standards Possible
*Male & Female Fully Qualified Instructors
*Teaching Kitesurfing since 2000
*Advanced Coaching Lessons
*All Equipment Supplied inc.Kites/Boards/Safety Vests/Wetsuits/Helmets etc
*Fully Insured 7 Days a Week
*Coaching to the RAF/Universities
*The very latest equipment in Radio Helmets
Day 1 covers basic kite handling, safety systems, bodydragging and an introduction to different kites and boards etc available + some history of the sport.
Day 2 continues with the all important body drags and hopefully then moves onto board starts and further coaching, ending with the all important deep water pack down.
Blast is also one of only a few BKS Approved School's in Wales.
It also boasts Male & Female Instructors as well as Senior Qualified Instructors.
All our course fees include instruction and equipment. We will provide kites, boards and wetsuits, harnesses, and helmets from sizes small to large. Our courses run at weekends and throughout the week.
What do I bring?
For this lesson you we recommend that you bring the following;
- Sun cream (if sunny)
- Swimming trunks pref not board shorts as under wetsuits are uncomfortable
- Towel and warm clothes
- If you have your own wetsuit / neoprene boots is always best to brig these with you as will no doubt be a better fit.
- Pair of sandles/trainers to walk down to the beach
Its also worth bringing a bottle of water / drink and maybe a snack as this is an intensive up to 6 hours training.
Please note we can be responsible for valuables and keys during the lessons, however we do sell waterproof key pouches for £4.95 here: KEY POUCH
Please note the level attained during the lessons will depend on the progress made by the individual and this can very obviously vary from student to student but the aim remains the same, to make safe independant kitesurfers who can then continue to practice safely.
Upup and away with you!
Still not sure?
Check out this feedback left on Trip Advisor
After thinking about it for years I finally started kite surfing in the summer of 2017. As an experienced surfer who had done some wind surfing as a kid, I thought kiting would be a good way to have some fun in the water when the surf wasn't so good. Turns out it's now my favorite water sport and I just wish I'd got into it years ago. It's quite a difficult sport to get started with and lessons really are essential - not just to speed up your progression but to do so safely.
Blast seemed like the best place to learn locally (SE wales) for a number of reasons; Marc & Sarah's abilities being very well proven in British championship competitions, the forum on the blast website seemed to be the main online presence of local kite surfers and they had an offer where the cost of 2 days' lessons would be deducted from any kite/board package you later bought from them.
Having gone through my lessons, got all my own kit and spent a lot of time on the water over the last 6 months I'm really glad that I did choose blast:
- The lessons were excellent as was the advice I've received on all sorts of kite gear (plus I'm still getting invaluable tips as they watch me trying to progress by myself).
- The prices on kit is similar to anywhere online (and often can't be beaten) but with the kind of service you could only get from a local store (Marc's even brought bits I've bought with him to the beach so I could use them right away). I've also been advised to buy products which were both more suitable and cheaper than those I'd asked for.
- Blast really is core to the kite surfing scene in this area and has definitely helped me feel a part of the community more rapidly than I would have done otherwise.
- The trips abroad that blast organise look awesome and I hope to go on one someday - and when I do that I'll likely already know some of my co-travellers via blast.
So, obviously, I'd highly recommend both the sport and blast for your lessons/gear. This probably all reads like a gushing review (I'm not on commission, honest!) but I really do have no complaints and feel lucky to have blast in my area. I think it would be well worth traveling here if you're further afield, and I know many people do just that.