INNOVATION IS OFTEN INSPIRED BY BEING IN THE RIGHT PLACE, AT THE RIGHT TIME, WITH ALL THE RIGHT CONNECTIONS COMING TOGETHER ALLOWING THE GENESIS OF A NEW VISION OR ERA. THE HYPERLINK IS OUR VISION TO TAKE YOU INTO THAT NEW ERA.
The design brief was outrageous - develop a kite to bridge the gap between inflatable and foil kites while making it excel on water, snow and land.
The Hyperlink is a true multipurpose foil kite, it brings together the performance of a foil with the feeling of an inflatable. One kite to cover almost every aspect of Kiting! Free ride, hydrofoil, boost and float, air style or unhooked, backcountry snow missions, you name it and it delivers.
The Hyperlink is unique, it’s the first foil kite to be as dynamic and fun to ride as a performance inflatable. With an unparalleled level of stability, handling and bar feeling the Hyperlink takes it to the next level.
With an innovative valve design it can be ridden on the water, snow and land safely, as a Closed Cell or Open Cell kite.
We know many inflatable kite riders can see the advantages of high performance foil kites such as the Chrono or R1, however the bridle lines and complexity can be daunting. The Hyperlink is simple and user friendly, the mid aspect ratio and minimal bridle plan makes taking the jump from inflatable to foil kite easy!
No matter how hard-core inflatable you are, now is the time to expand your universe. Take that step into the unknown - the reward is more adrenaline, more riding time and a new feeling!
OPEN CELL VERSUS CLOSED CELL MODES
Watch the how-to video to ensure you understand correct techniques and how to change between Closed Cell and Open Cell modes.
CLOSED CELL MODE
- Closed Cell Mode is recommended when riding on water.
- Inflation is quick and smooth after pre-inflating the kite.
- If you are already an inflatable kite rider it will only take you one session to get to know the Hyperlink.
- For twin tip riders once the kite is in the air and powered up the similarities to an inflatable kite can be felt.
- It has progressive handling, generates smooth consistent power, great upwind performance and jumps well with long hang time and smooth landings.
- Ideal for Foil Board riding, the Hyperlink produces more power than an inflatable kite size per size - this means you can use a smaller more maneuverable kite to generate power.
- Maneuvers are made easy thanks to the stability and lift produced as the Hyperlink flies through the zenith – a great help when learning to tack and gybe giving you time and float to change board direction.
- In light winds the Hyperlink will fly above you unlike inflatable kites that have a tendency to fall out of the sky. This makes getting set up for starting stress free.
OPEN CELL MODE
- Open Cell Mode is recommended when riding on snow or land.
- Similar inflation as in Closed Cell Mode, slightly quicker due to the valve zips being open.
- Snow and land riding are a blast, the easy inflation and 5-Line Re-Ride Release System means it can be taken anywhere safely.
- The Hyperlink combines the perfect balance of handling, pop and float to make the most of terrain and flats.
- It is easy to get big air on this machine!
Watch the how-to video to ensure you understand correct techniques and how to change between 4-Line and 5-line modes.
4-Line: The Hyperlink comes standard with our Front Line Flag Out Release System. This is recommended for water use – it is a simple and effective flag out when the release is activated – it works the same way as our 4-line inflatable water kite range.
5-Line (use in Open Cell mode only): The optional 5-Line Re-Ride Release System Conversion Kit is recommended for snow or land use. The Re-Ride Release System de-powers the kite instantly without tangling, and falls to the ground to re-launch when ready.
Back Line Brake Handle: A quick and easy landing option in light winds - the Hyperlink can be stalled down the ground using the Brake Handle.
- The kite is water re-launchable, but we recommend that you keep it flying and out of the water if possible! A drainage system on the wing tip allows any water that may have entered the kite to drain out. Do not use the kite in waves.
- Always use a Brake Handle when flying a foil kite. This is the handle/line spanned between the back leader lines on your control system. This easy to grab handle makes inflation, self-landing and reverse launch easier.
- This kite features a simple yet effective front line flag out release (4-Line mode) or optional 5-Line Re-Ride Release. *Only use the 5-Line release when the kite is in Open Cell mode. After releasing the flag out you should check the speed system, bridle lines and flying lines for twists before restart.
- Speed System and Bridle lines should be regularly checked and maintained in the correct trim or the kite will not perform as designed. If they are worn or not to factory specification (+ or - 15mm) they must be replaced. How To videos and a Bridle Check PDF with all measurements can be found at www.ozonekites.com