ACTION PACKED FREE RIDE, BOOSTING TO THE MOON, AIR STYLE, SPEED, HYDROFOIL OR TWIN-TIP RACING – THE EDGE V9 DELIVERS HIGH PERFORMANCE THAT IS INCREDIBLY ADDICTIVE.
The Edge has a unique pedigree, well known to pack a serious punch! The latest version takes it to the next level – an explosive high adrenaline freeride machine that will leave you in withdrawal after every session. True addiction comes naturally with the Edge V9, the heavy hitter with an honest high!
The design brief for the ninth version of Edge was to radically improve free ride and big air potential, while maintaining its multiple World Championship winning speed and race performance.
We have completely re-worked the bar feeling, with the balance between front and rear line pressure optimised for feeling and improved pitch control. Riding the Edge V9 you can easily sense where the kite is at any time, the entire bar throw range offers a progressive feedback feel making it turn faster and easier to time the take off for going massive.
Continuous curve struts means we have higher levels of control over sail tension and reduced sail luff through the angle of attack range, giving a smoother ride with less bar bounce. The airfoil section has also been slightly modified for increased hang time, a small refinement but very noticeable in the air. The re-shaped wing tip section combined with re-positioned bridle attachment points increases drive in the turn and enhances load distribution for the leading edge. This directly translates to all-round high performance given any style of riding, all while going fast!
On any type of race or speed course the Edge V9 has a serious performance advantage – warp speed riding at amazing angles will have you clear ahead of the competition. Our unique low-drag pulley-less bridle system using high performance Kevlar line is 50% thinner than our standard bridle line, resulting in a vast reduction in parasitic drag increasing acceleration and range. Combined with the Race Control System and Race Flying Lines the Edge V9 truly is the leading performance LEI package.
On the SNOW! Yes that’s right, the Edge V9 is possibly the best inflatable kite in existence for taking advantage of the cold white stuff. Its got speed, power, and the best attribute is how easily you can get air – all you have to do is gain speed, edge hard and send it!
The Edge is available in 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17 & 19m sizes and 3 colours. Custom colours are also available.
- Designed with OZCAD – The FUTURE is NOW – All Ozone kites are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with parameters specifically formulated to calculate unique aspects required in technical Inflatable and Foil kites. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our kites continues.
- Teijin TechnoForce D2 canopy material – Teijin is the world’s leading supplier of polyester fabrics and sail materials for marine sports. We use the remarkably durable Teijin D2 canopy material in all our water kites. Teijin D2 is the benchmark in quality with proven superiority in durability and dynamics.
We use the incredibly strong and reliable Teijin Dacron in all our water kites. Dacron is used on parts requiring rigidity and stability – the Leading Edge, Struts, Wingtips, and all loaded areas with extra reinforcement for enhanced load distribution and durability.
- One Pump Inflation System – The One Pump inflation system enables quick and easy setup with single point inflation of the kite. All Struts are connected to the Leading Edge via inflation points – air will flow through the hose to inflate the entire kite. Clips seal the hose connecting the Struts and Leading Edge to prevent unwanted airflow in case of damage.
- Back line Trimming Options – Customise your handling and bar pressure with the back line bridle attachments. Closer to the Leading Edge for slower turn speed and more bar pressure, or closer to the Trailing Edge for faster turn speed and less bar pressure.
- Unique Bladder Construction – Our bladders are constructed in-house with advanced custom built welding machines. Double layered sections are applied to any potential wear areas.
- Double Stitched Folded Seams – Sail canopy seams are stitched, folded, and then stitched again for a clean and strong connection of the panels.
- Anti-Snag Line Deflectors – The Anti-Snag line deflectors prevent bridles and lines from tangling around the wing tip. Safety is increased when launching with a partner and water re-launch is made easier.
- Low Profile Aerodynamic Scuff Pads – Leading Edge bumpers are often large and unnecessary cosmetic items. At Ozone we build our kites for performance and durability using the best materials & components available. Any areas requiring scuff protection we use a lightweight durable material with superior abrasion resistance, while keeping a low profile in order to reduce drag and maintain performance.
- Reinforced Trailing Edge – Double layer Teijin D2 Trailing Edge strip with an internal light weight Dyneema reinforcement – this reduces canopy wear and helps to maintain optimum Trailing Edge tension as designed. The Dyneema line also reduces any potential stretch at the Trailing Edge.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory Construction – Using only the best materials, thorough quality control checks and well trained staff make the Ozone factory stand out. We use the same training and techniques for kites as we do in our paraglider division.
- 4-line Pulleyless System – NO pulleys, NO problems. We design all our inflatable kites without pulleys, to inherit the unique Ozone feeling and performance across our range.
- High Volume Inflate/Deflate Valve – A high volume valve makes inflation and deflation quick and easy. Pumping is a breeze thanks to the high airflow rate, while the internal seal engages to stop any air coming out under pressure. Unscrew the bottom of the valve to deflate and pack your kite with ease.
- Fool Proof Line Connectors – Fool proof, colour coded and numbered line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.
- Direct Connect Struts – Our Direct Connect construction method improves load distribution between the Leading Edge, Struts and Canopy. The Struts are connected directly to the Leading Edge with internal reinforcements and external webbing. This unique construction method ensures clean profiles are maintained with the optimum canopy tension
- Internal Reinforcements – What’s on the inside counts too – All Ozone kites are internally reinforced for improved strength and durability; such as a Double layered Dacron + Insignia taped Leading Edge closing seam with high strength threads.
- Load Distribution Panels – Dacron reinforcements are used on all loaded areas for enhanced load distribution. This means all loads are spread evenly into the sail ensuring the kite flies and performs at its best.
- Reinforced Leading Edge and Struts – The Leading Edge and Struts are reinforced in high stress areas to ensure the kite canopy remains in shape and performs at its best.
We recommend the Contact Water Control Bar or the Contact Race Control Bar. If you want the Race Bar please order Kite Only and a Race Bar separately.
||8, 9, 10, 11
||13, 15, 17, 19
Based on 80kg average rider
Kite Only – Kite, Bag, Repair pack
Complete – Kite, Bag, Repair pack, Contact Water Bar, Lines, Pump, Leash