- Balanced and reactive, the new Nova Wing feels lighter in your hands. It generates more forward drive and upwind performance than anything you’ve ever ridden.
- At the heart of the Nova design is a super-stiff frame for power and efficiency, enabling instant take-offs and a massive wind range. I
- ntuitive transitions. Comfortable ergonomic handling.
- For 2022 the Nova has a revised compact outline with shorter wingspan and less curve. This improves the power delivery, makes the wing easier to handle and reduces tip-strike. Improved tensioning and a deeper, more powerful profile boost low-end performance and contribute to the expanded wind range. Power delivery is progressive throughout the size range, with smooth and steady high-end stability in the 5m and under. The new rigid handle design with comfort grip enables more intuitive hand positioning, micro-trimming and more immediate control.
- Whether your focus is on the flow of freeride carving, riding open ocean waves or freestyle trickery, the Nova Wing will help you make the most your local conditions.
- Load up. Ride longer.
- New compact outline for balanced handling and reduced tip-strike
- Strong upwind ability
- New rigid GripLock microtrimming control handles for more immediate and direct adjustment
- Expanded wind range for low-end performance and high-end stability
- Extremely efficient power delivery and smooth
- steady ride
- 6/7m lower aspect ratio and wingtip curvature improves tip-strike recovery
- New 1.9m for lighter riders and skateboard sessions
- GeoStrut exoskeleton for a stiffer frame with comfortable ergonomic geometry
- New stiffer XL T-Joint - no wasted energy
- Dual HyperFlow rapid inflation and 4-point bladder lock
- Durable high performance Dacron frame and N-HTRS canopy for clean load distribution
- LiteVision XS window panels for a safer riding experience
- Kevlar strut connection with a tight and accurate fit
- DuraLite STPU scuff protection on wing tips and seams
New Compact outline
This improves the upwind ability and overall balance of the wing, eliminating any tendency to nosedive, and reducing tip-strike. In the 6m/7m lightwind-optimised sizes, the revised ou
New Rigid handles
The two longer rigid handle bars are wrapped in a soft EVA comfort grip, letting you slide your hands into optimum trim positions so you can instantly control the wing’s pitch, yaw and roll, while keeping your body positioned perfectly over the foil. More freedom in your hand placement allows you to choose the best feel based on the conditions, your arm length and your body size, and makes transitions more intuitive.
tline is flatter through the centre with more curvature out toward the tips.
Expanded wind range
In the larger 6m/7m sizes when the wind is lighter and you’re looking for more power, we’ve effectively sheeted the wing in, tightened the canopy and made the frame more rigid. We’ve also created a more even distribution of profile thickness from the strut to the tips, so the tips are more powered up. The wingspan is minimised, making it easier to handle and giving you the ability to get up on the foil when the wind is super-light.
Smooth high-end stability
The Nova is neutrally balanced with a flared-out profile toward the wingtips. This makes it smoother and steadier to ride, and more controllable in powerful gusts.
NEW tip-strike recovery
In the 6/7m we’ve added curvature to the wingtip so that if you do touch the water, only a small part of the wing tip will make contact. This creates less drag when the tips touch the water, improving your chance of recovery.