W/Ending 9th June

Where/When to meet up with others for a Session!
alunj

W/Ending 9th June

Postby alunj » 08 Jun 2019, 11:55

Just arrived at PB
Less than I thought. Boy it’s cold tho !
Probably 15 kts on beach . I would reckon rest after the rise drops back will be windier as there is a bit of north in it

blast

W/Ending 9th June

Postby blast » 08 Jun 2019, 19:51

Great day in Porthcawl
Had an early session on surfboard and 7m then a 1-2-1 lesson.
Tired now.
There were maybe 15 or so out at Rest Bay
Ozone / North / Epic / F-One / Shinn / Peter Lynn / Mystic / Airush / CrazyFly / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

marmankites

W/Ending 9th June

Postby marmankites » 08 Jun 2019, 20:47

I think I’ll be stiff tomorrow :shock: :roll:

blast

W/Ending 9th June

Postby blast » 08 Jun 2019, 22:12

TMI :lol:
Ozone / North / Epic / F-One / Shinn / Peter Lynn / Mystic / Airush / CrazyFly / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop

Stoney

W/Ending 9th June

Postby Stoney » 09 Jun 2019, 17:45

It was me who had the 1-2-1 with Marc yesterday and am stoked with how it went. I just left a review on the website which says it all really:

TL;DR - Jump 1-2-1 coaching fixed a problem I’ve struggled with for a long time. Highly recommended!

Since my initial lessons, I'd been pretty happy with how I'd progressed across various styles of kiteboarding but one thing I didn't feel like I was getting anywhere with was jumping. Even though I could do smallish jumps (4m+) in high winds/boosting off waves and could do very low back rolls, trying to jump higher / without a ramp / in lighter winds just didn't work - failing to get a fraction of the height I should and/or being totally out of control. I eventually decided a 1-2-1 with Marc was the only way forward and am so glad I made that decision.

Through Marc explaining what I should be doing, watching my attempts and me explaining what I was experiencing we discovered a number of things I was doing wrong. Fixing each of these improved my jumping but there was one little thing, which I would never have realised was a problem, that made a huge difference. By the end of the session I was confident I knew how to jump properly and had made some progress in actually doing so. I then spent another hour on the water and really felt things coming together nicely. Feels like it won't take long to get my jumps fully dialled now and can start pushing for bigger heights. :)

Would recommend a 1-2-1 with Marc to anyone who is stuck with something or who just wants to speed up their progression. Goes without saying that he knows his stuff but he is also an excellent teacher and the Bb Talkin radio system he uses is fantastic. Our chats on the beach (with visual demonstrations) were key but I'd have needed MUCH more coaching time if we hadn't also been able to talk with each other at any time.

Thanks again Marc, I'm really happy with what I learned but also loads of fun. Can't wait for the next decent winds!

tonyNoNoNoNo

W/Ending 9th June

Postby tonyNoNoNoNo » 09 Jun 2019, 18:01

We used the "Bb Talkin radio system" in Brazil it made the world of difference, the two way communication allowed mistakes to be corrected as you made them not when you got back to the beach and the moment had passed. Agree with the 1-2-1 makes for faster progression and eliminates picking up bad habits.

blast

W/Ending 9th June

Postby blast » 09 Jun 2019, 18:56

Ah cheers Stoney,
awesome review and very much appreciated it makes a great difference for the website for any items purchased from us if a review is left afterwards including obviously the coaching.
Thanks again

#supportyourlocalshop

Return to “Sessions”