2019 KCW News and Events

General Kitesurfing gossip
JamesVegas

2019 KCW News and Events

Postby JamesVegas » 13 Mar 2019, 18:12

We have been a bit quiet with regards to the club lately, personally I find it hard to muster up the enthusiasm to get in when it's really cold but happily that's coming an end soon. So as the new season is nearly upon us so it's a good time to let everyone know the plans for the coming year.

Firstly, and after many requests to do so the club will be part funding a weather station that will be situated on the new water sports centre in Rest Bay. The details are not finalised as yet but the plan is that there will be a dedicated web page with live weather readings available to everyone. Hopefully this will give something back to the members who've contributed to the club over several years. We are really excited about this and we're sure the news is going to be well received by everyone.

We will as usual try and run a few clinics again this year:

Lewis Crathern Clinic. We have two dates for this again. The first is next is 6th or 7th (or both depending on numbers) April 2019 and the 11th or 12th of May. The clinic is available to all club members who are already able to jump safely and with control. This clinic is aimed at improving jumping technique, you'll be learning from one of the best in the world and your progress can be recorded on the club Woos if you take one of the free mounts that we have waiting for members who are attending.

Foiling Clinic. This year, and with a bit more notice than last we'd like to offer a foiling clinic from Rob Claisse at Progression. This clinic is very condition dependent but with a bigger window we'd like to hope that we will be able to run it successfully. This clinic might be best run on a not so local beach as we will be looking for deep flat water. Rob is running clinics around the world with a lot of very impressive results and this is a brilliant opportunity to try out foiling without buying a foil board before you have to. We are currently waiting for Rob to give us dates for the clinic but we are happy to take names straight away.

The club will, as usual pay for 50% of the cost of each participant for the clinics. Please could you get in touch with me, Sporty, or Richie via PM so that you can secure a spot.

As last year the club Woos are available for all members to use, just get in touch! We've got free mounts for your boards.

Due to various reasons we had to hold a last minute club AGM, it should have been organised with more time so apologies and we can promise that the 2019 AGM will be held in early autumn and plenty of notice will be given so members can attend, we'd love to hear from you. Please feel free to PM us for a copy of the AGM notes.

Let's hope for a windy and warm 2019!

James, Sporty & Richie | KWC
Last edited by JamesVegas on 13 Mar 2019, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.

St3v3t

2019 KCW News and Events

Postby St3v3t » 13 Mar 2019, 18:25

Put me down for Lewis please
When you leave the beach ONLY leave your footprints!
Core Kites

JamesVegas

2019 KCW News and Events

Postby JamesVegas » 13 Mar 2019, 18:53

St3v3t wrote:Put me down for Lewis please

You’re in Steve.

marcw

2019 KCW News and Events

Postby marcw » 13 Mar 2019, 19:53

Put me down for the Lewis clinic too please - if possible I'd like to be in Steve's group.

Nice news all round thanks for the update James!

JamesVegas

2019 KCW News and Events

Postby JamesVegas » 14 Mar 2019, 12:42

Done Marc.

peterw

2019 KCW News and Events

Postby peterw » 14 Mar 2019, 15:00

Put me down for the jump clinic

Stoney

2019 KCW News and Events

Postby Stoney » 14 Mar 2019, 16:42

Could you put me down for the jump clinic too please - thanks!

valdez

2019 KCW News and Events

Postby valdez » 15 Mar 2019, 13:03

Nice one James,book me on for Lewis too..

JamesVegas

2019 KCW News and Events

Postby JamesVegas » 16 Mar 2019, 08:29

Wow, we'll need a second day at this rate! Unheard of!

alunj

2019 KCW News and Events

Postby alunj » 16 Mar 2019, 13:57

Good luck with the weather station ! I guess you drew a blank with the lifeguards ?
My advice if your putting it in the new building is go ultrasonic as access will be difficult, as it’s council building you will almost certainly need to do risk accesments and all the working at height HSE stuff if you need to do maintenance . History teaches us a mechanical anemometer lasts no more than 2 years in that location.
Will you be feeding to any of the aggregate apps like wind alert as well ?

Return to “Off The Lip”