Oman / Portugal 2019

Kitesurfing Holidays, Trips and Events
blast

Oman / Portugal 2019

Postby blast » 03 Sep 2018, 11:20

So we have just returned from a truly epic trip to Oman, not somewhere you'd normally read or here about in the kitesurf holiday world. However some of you will already be aware that we have been keen to explore this little know kitesurf area for some time.

It didn't disappoint!

I'm not going to post too much about the trip here, it cost us personally a lot of money / time etc travelling around scouting out all the options and some seem to forget this is our business and just want to glean the info from us to do there own trip there!?

Anyway in short, first off the main spot where we kited was a wave spot, not ideal for anyone other than experienced wave riders, def not beginner /intermediate twin tip guys. (there is a normal beach nearby but it is still wavey)

Another few hours further south is another spot where it's ideal for twin tips and beginners to expert....flat shallow water.

The plan is to do a trip mixing these two options.

We are undecided as to whether to run both Portugal and Oman next year...Portugal is obviously cheaper and suits all abilities but we have done it so many times....and Oman is amazingly reliable wind wise....it blows every day.

Oman is exciting, the people are truly so so friendly and the conditions (esp if into waves) are epic!

But it does work out a heap more money, around £1600-£1800 for two weeks.

One other option is we may do Oman next year instead of Brazil. esp as not many ever do Brazil
So who is interested in which trip?

1/. Portugal June/July
2/. Oman End of August

we will post more here soon, plus will do a full blog post soon plus a video very soon!

Ozone / Epic / F-One / Shinn / Peter Lynn / Mystic / Airush / CrazyFly / Fluid / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

blast

Oman / Portugal 2019

Postby blast » 03 Sep 2018, 19:22

Ozone / Epic / F-One / Shinn / Peter Lynn / Mystic / Airush / CrazyFly / Fluid / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop

AbsC1

Oman / Portugal 2019

Postby AbsC1 » 03 Sep 2018, 20:21

Great video, Oman looks brilliant. Unfortunately I already have a big holiday commitment to Australia next year, otherwise I would have been well up for Oman. Personally I think a big part of my holidays is the sense of adventure, and like the idea of going and trying new places and seeing different cultures. Perhaps 2020 .... (urgh the years are creeping along and the bucket list gets bigger and bigger)
Airush Diamond Series , Bronotti Riptide

DaveF

Oman / Portugal 2019

Postby DaveF » 03 Sep 2018, 20:23

Nice! Another superb Vid.
Kiting looks great. But it does look a bit barren, with not a lot more to do than kite?
Anyhow, I'm sure your blog will tell all.

1/. Portugal June/July
2/. Oman End of August

I would probably do Portugal again. Now there are quite a few more foils about, there may be less folk worried about low wind days?
Will wait for a bit more info re Oman

Is this the best bet?
I would have thought that most people who have moved onto surfboards would not be so interested in a flat spot (or is it also good for a foil?)
and if people are not on surfboards they are not going to have a great time at the wave spot?

blast

Oman / Portugal 2019

Postby blast » 03 Sep 2018, 20:34

DaveF wrote:Nice! Another superb Vid.
Kiting looks great. But it does look a bit barren, with not a lot more to do than kite?
Anyhow, I'm sure your blog will tell all.

1/. Portugal June/July
2/. Oman End of August

I would probably do Portugal again. Now there are quite a few more foils about, there may be less folk worried about low wind days?
Will wait for a bit more info re Oman

Is this the best bet?
I would have thought that most people who have moved onto surfboards would not be so interested in a flat spot (or is it also good for a foil?)
and if people are not on surfboards they are not going to have a great time at the wave spot?

Yes it's deff barren, but it's always windy. We were there on a light wind week and still lit every day.
Your correct in your comments regards mixing the two sopts, we are still trying to figure out the best option, The other spot offers both flat water and waves so we can foil, tt or surf.

Speak soon in person

#supportyourlocalshop

splashtestdummy

Oman / Portugal 2019

Postby splashtestdummy » 05 Sep 2018, 09:21

Nice little film. Oman would definitely be on my hit list for the future but 2019 is already booked up with holidays so no kite trip for me that year. Also I planned on Morocco next with you guys as it really looks sweet with plenty to do...that is after our little Brazil adventure..

blast

Oman / Portugal 2019

Postby blast » 05 Sep 2018, 12:43

splashtestdummy wrote:Nice little film. Oman would definitely be on my hit list for the future but 2019 is already booked up with holidays so no kite trip for me that year. Also I planned on Morocco next with you guys as it really looks sweet with plenty to do...that is after our little Brazil adventure..

Nice one, looking at flights right now regards Brazil, Morocco is still very much on for 2019 also!

#supportyourlocalshop

Burgey

Oman / Portugal 2019

Postby Burgey » 06 Sep 2018, 10:48

defo in for morroco or oman. put me down for that

Wanky Shit Demon

Oman / Portugal 2019

Postby Wanky Shit Demon » 12 Sep 2018, 14:06

Looks brilliant, somewhere I read about years ago, I thought about going there on the way back from Zanzibar.

But.....

''I'm not going to post too much about the trip here, it cost us personally a lot of money / time etc travelling around scouting out all the options and some seem to forget this is our business and just want to glean the info from us to do there own trip there!?''.....

To the best of my memory you've been saying for years that you don't make any money out of your trips, so why would you be bothered about kiters making use of your experience to sort their own trips?

Has that changed somewhere along the way?

email Stuart@confused.com 8-)

blast

Oman / Portugal 2019

Postby blast » 12 Sep 2018, 14:49

Wanky Shit Demon wrote:Looks brilliant, somewhere I read about years ago, I thought about going there on the way back from Zanzibar.

But.....

''I'm not going to post too much about the trip here, it cost us personally a lot of money / time etc travelling around scouting out all the options and some seem to forget this is our business and just want to glean the info from us to do there own trip there!?''.....

To the best of my memory you've been saying for years that you don't make any money out of your trips, so why would you be bothered about kiters making use of your experience to sort their own trips?

Has that changed somewhere along the way?

email Stuart@confused.com 8-)

Ah "wanky shit demon" is alive!

Nothing has changed, but I don't see why we should spend our hard earned money to travel all that way and to spend our days finding all the necessary information for such a trip just to pass onto the next guys that ask.

The main aim was to find somewhere without the crowds, here is such a place. If anyone is genuinely keen then they can simply do the same as us, spend the money and go find the places for yourself ;)

It's your choice if you wish to come with us on such a trip with a group of like minded people having a good time together or if you'd prefer to sort it out yourself and travel on your own....but you can't have both.....no wait that's what you want right!?

#supportyourlocalshop

Sonnyrider

Oman / Portugal 2019

Postby Sonnyrider » 12 Sep 2018, 19:27

0x27

blast

Oman / Portugal 2019

Postby blast » 12 Sep 2018, 19:58

Sonnyrider wrote:Image

:lol:

#supportyourlocalshop

chanedd

Oman / Portugal 2019

Postby chanedd » 14 Sep 2018, 14:06

I’m defoo in for both Morocco and Oman, put in down for both pls
Not a fan on Portugal trip, Dunn get me wrong, nice food and nice people in Portugal, just not very good kiting experience for me.

Wanky Shit Demon

Oman / Portugal 2019

Postby Wanky Shit Demon » 11 Dec 2018, 11:17

Been a while since I was last on here!

I did a bit of googling and it seems Oman has a small but established kitesurfing scene, there are even schools there. I knew about the place already as I said in my previous post. I recall one of the kite magazines having an article about a bunch of landboarders who did a trip there. So how did you get to hear about it?

Was it from somebody who’d spent time and money checking the place out? :mrgreen:

I do and always have done a mixture of organised trips, including your own and trips organised by other kite schools, as well as trips I’ve done by myself and with groups of mates. So why do you reckon you can’t do both?

blast

Oman / Portugal 2019

Postby blast » 11 Dec 2018, 22:41

What ever Stuart, you know I’m done with arguing with you.
Life is too short for that.

#supportyourlocalshop

Return to “Holidays/Events”