Have Flexifoil made a serious error with their Skybar?

Safety first!
Sporty

Have Flexifoil made a serious error with their Skybar?

Postby Sporty » 16 Apr 2015, 22:32

Everything I've seen about the new Flexifoil Skybar appears to show a serious error with the routing of their flag out/safety line system. They now have a single line safety which is all fine and dandy, but it appears that it terminates on to a ring for you to attach your leash. BUT, before it gets to the ring, it passes through another ring which is FIXED to the chicken loop. The way I see it, is that if you release the primary safety, there is no way for the ring and leash to pass through the fixed ring, so the kite will always be attached to the chicken loop. To release the kite onto the leash would require the removal of the chicken loop from your harness. Does anyone else see this, or have I got it wrong? (Again!)

These imges are taken from their website, the press release and a YouTube screenshot.

Sporty | KCW

It's only a matter of time before they add the word 'Syndrome' after my last name....

blast

Re: Have Flexifoil made a serious error with their Skybar?

Postby blast » 16 Apr 2015, 23:25

I think you have it wrong, the s/s ring you attach your leash to does not need to go through the fixed ring. When you push the QR the bar will travel up the line but you'll still be atached (hopefully it's a single line flag out)

Difficult to explain in writing here,

Are flexifoil actually still making stuff? ;)
North / Ozone / PLKB / Airush / Epic / CrazyFly / Shinn / Mystic / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

blast

Postby blast » 16 Apr 2015, 23:28

On a different note, wow look how far away that bar will be even when sheeted in....that has poo man stance written all over it!
I don't think that has changed since we used to sell Flexi back in the day
North / Ozone / PLKB / Airush / Epic / CrazyFly / Shinn / Mystic / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop

Sporty

Postby Sporty » 17 Apr 2015, 07:23

blast wrote:I think you have it wrong, the s/s ring you attach your leash to does not need to go through the fixed ring. (hopefully it's a single line flag out)

Yeah, I know it doesn't NEED to go through the fixed ring, but in every photo I've seen, it DOES go through the fixed ring. If FF are sending these out rigged like this and the owner doesn't change it.... :shock: It may well be of course, that it's only the promo images are rigged incorrectly. Or at least I should hope so.
Sporty | KCW

It's only a matter of time before they add the word 'Syndrome' after my last name....

JamesVegas

Postby JamesVegas » 18 Apr 2015, 19:34

That bar is so far away from what I would expect from an established kitesurfing company. Archaic looking chicken loop, thin and cheap looking bar, dubious safety release, very poor standard of bar ends. I know plenty of people who like the kites but I'd definitely be looking to fly Flexi on a different bar. I prefer North obviously but I do like the look of the Airush, Blade and Crazyfly bars which would probably work fine with a Flexi kite........

blast

Postby blast » 18 Apr 2015, 20:36

I'm actually out with Epic in France at the moment and can say they are working on a new bar...more details to follow.

The crazy fly bar is a very very nice set up super clean and also a great price too.

#supportyourlocalshop

Return to “Safety”