Another Bristol Newbie

Introduce yourself... Ask for advice...
AlexsKite

Another Bristol Newbie

Postby AlexsKite » 16 Aug 2020, 16:47

Hi everyone,

Firstly, an apology: I finally bought my own gear two weeks ago and since then there's been no wind, so I'll take the blame for that :roll:

I have been very intermittently kiting for the past few years but I'm at the stage where I'm planning to get into it more regularly, hence buying my own equipment. I'm based in Bristol so Weston-Super-Mare is my closest spot, but it seems South Wales has a pretty active community so I thought I'd come and introduce myself. It looks like there might be some wind next weekend so I'm keen to get out and try my gear. I'll keep an eye on the forecasts but at the moment Rest Bay is looking better than WSM for next weekend, so I might make the trip over (if the conditions allow). I've never been before but I've read the beach guidelines on here just now.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to meet some of you in the process. I'm looking forward to my first session!

Alex

blast

Another Bristol Newbie

Postby blast » 16 Aug 2020, 20:14

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum.
Firstly...it's a long way off till next weekend and it can and often does change radically in that amount of time. Secondly check the tide times, Rest Bay can not be used for a minimum of two hours either side of high tide and I think (without checking) that rules out most of the day time next weekend.
If it's at all sunny it can get very busy with the public right now with so many on "staycation" etc
If it's onshore it can also get very busy with kites also.

Pump up you kite by the rocks BUT then walk it to the shoreline and launch there....with the assistance of another kiter.
Stay up the right hand end of the beach..in front of the red golf club building.
Ask some of the locals when your here, and I'm sure they will be more than happy to help out.

Marc
North / Ozone / PLKB / Airush / Epic / CrazyFly / Shinn / Mystic / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

AlexsKite

Another Bristol Newbie

Postby AlexsKite » 19 Aug 2020, 22:48

Thanks for the reply Marc. I'll check the tide times and certainly keep an eye on the forecast. If not this coming weekend then I'll head across when the tide is better.

Cheers

blast

Another Bristol Newbie

Postby blast » 20 Aug 2020, 09:36

Tides are good for this coming weekend however it looks like it will be very strong winds, so little kites only!
North / Ozone / PLKB / Airush / Epic / CrazyFly / Shinn / Mystic / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

Return to “Newbie's”