Bristol Noob

Introduce yourself... Ask for advice...
kSam

Bristol Noob

Postby kSam » 27 Feb 2020, 12:04

Hi all, haven’t done any kiting for a few years, but have some time off now and hoping to pick it up again! Was riding and staying reasonably well upwind, but not transitioning. Keen to join when conditions are good - is this the best place to keep an eye out? Coming from Bristol - think I remember most of the basics but would definitely need a hand launching and landing- Hopefully won’t be too much of a liability beyond that! Only have an 11m - any thoughts on the best size to invest in for a second? And any used ones going cheap ;)
Cheers for the advice, look forward to seeing you out there!

blast

Bristol Noob

Postby blast » 27 Feb 2020, 18:18

Welcome Sam, yeah keep an eye on here as we have a few regulars who post beforehand when they intend to kite...pref the day before a planned session.

Since you have an 11m I'd prob suggest a 9m as that is a nice size step down, smaller like a 7m etc are not for everyone as they are very very quick turning and also you'd need strong winds and maybe not ready for this.
North / Ozone / PLKB / Airush / Epic / CrazyFly / Shinn / Mystic / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

kSam

Bristol Noob

Postby kSam » 28 Feb 2020, 12:05

Ok excellent, will keep an eye out here. Thanks for the kite advice. Don’t suppose Blast have any bargain used 9s cluttering up the van and looking for a new home :D

tonyn1

Bristol Noob

Postby tonyn1 » 28 Feb 2020, 16:22

Hi Ksam
Speak to Asher on the for sale/second hand forum. I thing he may have a 9m for sale...
You only have one life,, So LIVE it and have a BLAST !

kSam

Bristol Noob

Postby kSam » 29 Feb 2020, 13:39

Cheers for that Tony, will do

Return to “Newbie's”