Lewis Clinic 22nd Aug, Pembrey, 10.30am

Where/When to meet up with others for a Session!
JamesVegas

Lewis Clinic 22nd Aug, Pembrey, 10.30am

Postby JamesVegas » 21 Jul 2020, 08:10

Lewis called last night and he's thinking about coming down to Wales this weekend and has asked me to check to see if anyone is interested in taking part in a day training with him. The forecast is for a good SW, we could use Aber or Pembrey.

The cost was £550 per day last year, I'd have to check if this has changed or not. We need 6+ people to make it viable and riders do need to be able to jump and land safely to join.

£50 for the day for non club members and £25.

Names below please.

James
Last edited by JamesVegas on 21 Aug 2020, 16:29, edited 3 times in total.

Stoney

Lewis Crathern Clinic on Saturday anyone?

Postby Stoney » 21 Jul 2020, 10:35

Me! Me! Me! :)
North Orbit 12/9/7North Carve 9/7JP Flyboy ProNorth Atmos CarbonShinn Jackson K

https://www.instagram.com/jonstoneman/

Jevansk1t3

Postby Jevansk1t3 » 22 Jul 2020, 14:38

I am interested

JamesVegas

Postby JamesVegas » 23 Jul 2020, 16:57

Due to lack of interest it's off. A great chance to improve missed....

blast

Postby blast » 23 Jul 2020, 18:44

Blimey, that's a real bummer!
But as usual I'm really not that surprised anymore.
North / Ozone / PLKB / Airush / Epic / CrazyFly / Shinn / Mystic / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

Stoney

Postby Stoney » 23 Jul 2020, 19:07

Dang :(

Thank you anyway James for once again trying to make this happen

marcw

Postby marcw » 24 Jul 2020, 10:07

The implication that an opportunity to improve is purposefully being ignored or that it's not surprising behaviour because humans, well, humans do as humans do, which is to say that they regularly disappoint is not really applicable here.

I've registered my interest for these in the past and found that it gets cancelled for all kinds of reasons ie. due to the weather(most of the time), some competition or a new opportunity that just popped up causing Lewis to not make it or not reschedule but, and this is a big but, we at least had more than 5 days of a heads-up. I mean, we just came out of the 5 mile rule, the schools just closed and I have the need to GTFO dodge!

Speaking only for myself here, I count myself lucky to have you guys with these kinds of connections to organise these things for us but in fairness, this time it's super short notice. Same as the AGM, which I also enjoyed. Last time I was invited to an AGM or even knew of it was when I messed up :D

So please guys, don't stop trying. I appreciate it & your efforts for our community and sport. Just a bit more of a head's-up next time?

ps. any plans for a COVID postponed Blast Jam this year?

blast

Postby blast » 24 Jul 2020, 13:28

Hi Marc, I totally agree especially this time with the late notice...and Lewis having other commitments etc but and it's a constant but, there has always been a distinct lack of interest in the clinics. It's always difficult to get more than a handful of people interested in them.

It kinda different but it still kind of reminds of when we organised a National Comp here in Porthcawl with Aaron Hadlow, Sam Light etc etc all here competing and I noticed that there were very few of the locals came along to watch (let alone compete) and when I next saw them and asked them where they were they simply said they just wanted to ride so they went elsewhere to kite.
There were three or four of the best kite surfers here in Porthcawl and they were not in the slightest bit interested in seeing them ride in our real world conditions.
At the end of the day it was there choice, it is a selfish sport after all so who was I to argue with them.
North / Ozone / PLKB / Airush / Epic / CrazyFly / Shinn / Mystic / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

JamesVegas

Postby JamesVegas » 24 Jul 2020, 14:43

To the best of my knowledge Lewis has only cancelled once due to a clash in events, I think it was a trip to Taiwan to commentate on something that came up, the other dates were all cancelled due to lack of wind (to the best of my memory).

I do appreciate it was a little last minute, and I totally understand about prior commitments, he called out of the blue and normally we give months of notice but as Marc said, even when there is notice there is very little interest and we/I have to almost twist people's arms into coming. I'm not moaning about it and as discussed before not everyone wants to attend these clinics but when I speak to people on the beach I get the impression that they do want to improve and I often get asked about various tricks which I'm terrible at explaining but someone like Marc or Lewis aren't. I'm not sure why this doesn't translate into interest in the clinics, it could be the money, it's an expensive sport. I spoke to someone the other day and when I said this weekend wasn't happening he said it was a shame because he would have come but didn't think to message me or reply to this post. Another forum member messaged me and has yet to read my reply...

I will keep trying to get Lewis down Marc, the club needs these events to retain it's affiliation which should be important to every single local kiter, you never know when you're going to need the BKSA.

Lewis has asked me about next weekend, so with a bit more notice maybe we can get a few more to join. Club members or not, as long as you're at an intermediate level and you can jump your'e welcome to join us. Just reply on this thread or message me on a PM. £50 for non members, £30 for members.

marcw

**Lewis Crathern Clinic 1st/2nd August**

Postby marcw » 27 Jul 2020, 09:55

Awesome!
Put my name down please. If the sun is shining, considering the crowds at Rest currently I'm happy to travel.

Stoney

Postby Stoney » 27 Jul 2020, 10:14

I'm up for it too!

I didn't read your message properly James and it's only because of Marcw's reply that I realised this was happening. Maybe it's worth posting in the sessions thread or something in case others have missed it?

Lee=M

Postby Lee=M » 27 Jul 2020, 12:03

Count me in too.

As Marc said above, if its sunny this weekend Rest Bay is likely to be packed with holiday makers. So we would be better served to hold the clinic elsewhere which is less crowded.

JamesVegas

Postby JamesVegas » 27 Jul 2020, 12:16

If it does go ahead it will most likely be Pembrey.

So far we've got:

James
Jon
Marc
Lee

Roger J

Postby Roger J » 27 Jul 2020, 22:11

And me! I'm up for it.

Shame its cancelled but at least I've got time to get my kite fixed.

4ndr3w

Postby 4ndr3w » 28 Jul 2020, 14:40

Put my name down please.
0x27

Return to “Sessions”