W/Ending 19th October

Where/When to meet up with others for a Session!
Sigrid

W/Ending 19th October

Postby Sigrid » 18 Oct 2019, 10:29

How is is looking down the beach today? Anyone out?

JulezV2

W/Ending 19th October

Postby JulezV2 » 18 Oct 2019, 10:46

Marke89 wrote:Think it's just the screw thread inside that is on it's way out as it seems to be opening there. Dont think there is anything wrong with bladders but I'm going to take them out check them all and make sure all the water is out properly this time.

Are the valves easy enough to change ?

Having done this a couple of times: The key is to get the bladder out far enough to create a 'repair zone' for the valve, i.e. to be able to lay the bladder flat. You don't need (normally) to remove the whole bladder (pain) just see if you can pull the valve out through the zip access. Ease does depend on kite and zip location.

The commitment comes when cutting the old valve out. In the past I have cut around the base of the old valve, not the total area where it is stuck onto the bladder. This would create too large a hole for the new valve. Try to get a valve with a large diameter sticky base.

The new valve will come as a disc with sticky backing. Just make sure all is dry, clean and you don't stick the new valve to the underside of the bladder: Line it all up with the sticky protective cover in place.

There are videos online that help visualise this.

Jules

alunj

W/Ending 19th October

Postby alunj » 18 Oct 2019, 10:54

Sigrid wrote:How is is looking down the beach today? Anyone out?

Its extremely squally here at aber , gisting well over 50 kts with hail, thunder and lightning.
I would avoid for now and see if it settles later

Marke89

W/Ending 19th October

Postby Marke89 » 18 Oct 2019, 11:02

JulezV2 wrote:
Marke89 wrote:Think it's just the screw thread inside that is on it's way out as it seems to be opening there. Dont think there is anything wrong with bladders but I'm going to take them out check them all and make sure all the water is out properly this time.

Are the valves easy enough to change ?

Having done this a couple of times: The key is to get the bladder out far enough to create a 'repair zone' for the valve, i.e. to be able to lay the bladder flat. You don't need (normally) to remove the whole bladder (pain) just see if you can pull the valve out through the zip access. Ease does depend on kite and zip location.

The commitment comes when cutting the old valve out. In the past I have cut around the base of the old valve, not the total area where it is stuck onto the bladder. This would create too large a hole for the new valve. Try to get a valve with a large diameter sticky base.

The new valve will come as a disc with sticky backing. Just make sure all is dry, clean and you don't stick the new valve to the underside of the bladder: Line it all up with the sticky protective cover in place.

There are videos online that help visualise this.

Jules

Brilliant, cheers Jules will have a look at it over the next week or two

Sigrid

W/Ending 19th October

Postby Sigrid » 18 Oct 2019, 11:31

alunj wrote:
Sigrid wrote:How is is looking down the beach today? Anyone out?

Its extremely squally here at aber , gisting well over 50 kts with hail, thunder and lightning.
I would avoid for now and see if it settles later

Thanks.

blast

W/Ending 19th October

Postby blast » 18 Oct 2019, 17:07

Sorry been out all day, yeah it's pretty horrid here....jeez you pick your days :lol:
I just checked Rest Bay and could barely open the car door it was so windy

Rest Bay is currently 42-57mph!! :shock:
North / Ozone / PLKB / Airush / Epic / CrazyFly / Shinn / Mystic / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

blast

W/Ending 19th October

Postby blast » 18 Oct 2019, 19:18

What little wind there was forecast for tomorrow Saturday has now pretty much gone! :(
North / Ozone / PLKB / Airush / Epic / CrazyFly / Shinn / Mystic / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop

blast

W/Ending 19th October

Postby blast » 18 Oct 2019, 21:08

Crazy bad ass squalls going through today with some dramatic skies

#supportyourlocalshop

JamesVegas

W/Ending 19th October

Postby JamesVegas » 19 Oct 2019, 11:54

Feels windy in Cardiff, any chance of a foil?

blast

W/Ending 19th October

Postby blast » 19 Oct 2019, 12:34

RNLI shows 10mph - it's pretty light here :roll:
It is meant to pick up though, there is a surf comp at Rest Bay

#supportyourlocalshop

Sigrid

W/Ending 19th October

Postby Sigrid » 19 Oct 2019, 20:33

blast wrote:Sorry been out all day, yeah it's pretty horrid here....jeez you pick your days :lol:
I just checked Rest Bay and could barely open the car door it was so windy

Rest Bay is currently 42-57mph!! :shock:

Yeah, I know. Bloody typical!

Return to “Sessions”