W/Ending 11th August

Where/When to meet up with others for a Session!
User avatar
blast
Posts: 6501
Joined: 23 Mar 2015, 16:37
Location: Wales UK
Contact:

W/Ending 11th August

Postby blast » 06 Aug 2019, 10:26

Just got absolutely soaked walking the dogs!
North / Ozone / PLKB / Airush / Epic / CrazyFly / Shinn / Mystic / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

User avatar
marmankites
Posts: 352
Joined: 02 Jan 2016, 08:42
Location: Porthcawl
Contact:

W/Ending 11th August

Postby marmankites » 06 Aug 2019, 12:46

Not sure I’ll bother today now, nice for a bit then chucks it down for a while, not as windy either

User avatar
marmankites
Posts: 352
Joined: 02 Jan 2016, 08:42
Location: Porthcawl
Contact:

W/Ending 11th August

Postby marmankites » 06 Aug 2019, 17:03

Had a good hour out in the sun! Lovely session

User avatar
blast
Posts: 6501
Joined: 23 Mar 2015, 16:37
Location: Wales UK
Contact:

W/Ending 11th August

Postby blast » 06 Aug 2019, 18:33

Great day of lessons in the brown stuff at Aber, god it really is bad there!
On the plus side it was sunny pretty much the whole time we were on the beach 8-)
North / Ozone / PLKB / Airush / Epic / CrazyFly / Shinn / Mystic / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

User avatar
blast
Posts: 6501
Joined: 23 Mar 2015, 16:37
Location: Wales UK
Contact:

W/Ending 11th August

Postby blast » 06 Aug 2019, 19:06

Aberavon...lost for words!
We had to dunk everything in the slop when we finished lessons.
It also stank!
Image
North / Ozone / PLKB / Airush / Epic / CrazyFly / Shinn / Mystic / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

gumuzkiter
Posts: 19
Joined: 26 Jul 2019, 08:39
Location: Swansea

W/Ending 11th August

Postby gumuzkiter » 06 Aug 2019, 23:09

Tomorrow I will go at 11 am either at Averavon or in front of University. Anybody for a session at that time in one of the two? High time around midday. So probably opting for Uni as tide is fine if I go there.

User avatar
blast
Posts: 6501
Joined: 23 Mar 2015, 16:37
Location: Wales UK
Contact:

W/Ending 11th August

Postby blast » 06 Aug 2019, 23:33

We will be at Aber again tomorrow from 11am....reluctantly! :roll:
North / Ozone / PLKB / Airush / Epic / CrazyFly / Shinn / Mystic / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

User avatar
alunj
Posts: 1141
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 10:46
Location: AberAvon

W/Ending 11th August

Postby alunj » 07 Aug 2019, 05:41

blast wrote:We will be at Aber again tomorrow from 11am....reluctantly! :roll:

Can you bring the mast down ? I will drop down and collect it but will leave the water to you !
If you get any Ill effect from water please let the council know . I had an email from them only yesterday saying no one else had come forward about the issues there .
The person to speak to is
Leah Morgan
Environmental Health Officer
l.morgan7@npt.gov.uk

Last update is below , we found an outfall pipe that’s not documented and they have had ground penetrating radar in to try and map it out . The case manager is a keen surfer and is very much on our side but we have to have evidence

—————————-
We met again recently with St Modwen and their consultants who continue to undertake the monitoring that we have agreed. We still don’t have any significant clues as to what is causing the odour but we have agreed to widen the scope of the sampling. We are also waiting for the results of the geophysical survey of the concrete pipe that runs across the beach. I will keep you updated with any progress in this regard.

It is also important to note that you are the only person that is complaining directly to us about skin irritations from swimming at Aberavon. I realise that you have mentioned before that others are affected but nobody has come forward. If you do speak to anyone else who is suffering it would be useful if you could ask them to contact us.

User avatar
Stoney
Posts: 414
Joined: 08 Apr 2017, 08:45

W/Ending 11th August

Postby Stoney » 07 Aug 2019, 06:46

Great session at Rest last night.. after a few tough ones trying things out and crashing 80% of the time it all came together and made good progress with my jumps, grabs and back rolls (though I still crashed at least 30% of them :lol:).

I've since discovered that I accidentally put my Woo into freestyle mode and made the top 10 in Europe :o :o :o All I can think is that not many other people know their Woo has a freestyle mode either :lol:

Image
North Orbit 12/9/7North Carve 9/7JP Flyboy ProNorth Atmos CarbonShinn Jackson K

https://www.instagram.com/jonstoneman/

User avatar
blast
Posts: 6501
Joined: 23 Mar 2015, 16:37
Location: Wales UK
Contact:

W/Ending 11th August

Postby blast » 07 Aug 2019, 08:53

alunj wrote:
blast wrote:We will be at Aber again tomorrow from 11am....reluctantly! :roll:

Can you bring the mast down ? I will drop down and collect it but will leave the water to you !
If you get any Ill effect from water please let the council know . I had an email from them only yesterday saying no one else had come forward about the issues there .
The person to speak to is
Leah Morgan
Environmental Health Officer
l.morgan7@npt.gov.uk

Last update is below , we found an outfall pipe that’s not documented and they have had ground penetrating radar in to try and map it out . The case manager is a keen surfer and is very much on our side but we have to have evidence

—————————-
We met again recently with St Modwen and their consultants who continue to undertake the monitoring that we have agreed. We still don’t have any significant clues as to what is causing the odour but we have agreed to widen the scope of the sampling. We are also waiting for the results of the geophysical survey of the concrete pipe that runs across the beach. I will keep you updated with any progress in this regard.

It is also important to note that you are the only person that is complaining directly to us about skin irritations from swimming at Aberavon. I realise that you have mentioned before that others are affected but nobody has come forward. If you do speak to anyone else who is suffering it would be useful if you could ask them to contact us.


Got it in the car already ;-)
I thought this photo was a perfect way to bring there attention to the issue...it was as bad as I have ever seen it yesterday. The water/beach was fine at high tide (as usual) but weirdly it was also fine at low tide!?
North / Ozone / PLKB / Airush / Epic / CrazyFly / Shinn / Mystic / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

User avatar
blast
Posts: 6501
Joined: 23 Mar 2015, 16:37
Location: Wales UK
Contact:

W/Ending 11th August

Postby blast » 07 Aug 2019, 08:54

Stoney wrote:Great session at Rest last night.. after a few tough ones trying things out and crashing 80% of the time it all came together and made good progress with my jumps, grabs and back rolls (though I still crashed at least 30% of them :lol:).

I've since discovered that I accidentally put my Woo into freestyle mode and made the top 10 in Europe :o :o :o All I can think is that not many other people know their Woo has a freestyle mode either :lol:


I saw you really going for it the night before, nice one Jon!
North / Ozone / PLKB / Airush / Epic / CrazyFly / Shinn / Mystic / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

User avatar
blast
Posts: 6501
Joined: 23 Mar 2015, 16:37
Location: Wales UK
Contact:

W/Ending 11th August

Postby blast » 07 Aug 2019, 09:06

alunj wrote:
blast wrote:We will be at Aber again tomorrow from 11am....reluctantly! :roll:


If you get any Ill effect from water please let the council know . I had an email from them only yesterday saying no one else had come forward about the issues there .
The person to speak to is
Leah Morgan
Environmental Health Officer
l.morgan7@npt.gov.uk


Email sent
North / Ozone / PLKB / Airush / Epic / CrazyFly / Shinn / Mystic / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

User avatar
alunj
Posts: 1141
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 10:46
Location: AberAvon

W/Ending 11th August

Postby alunj » 07 Aug 2019, 09:10

took this the other day ....
Image

r4oul
Posts: 2
Joined: 07 Aug 2019, 09:35

W/Ending 11th August

Postby r4oul » 07 Aug 2019, 09:46

Hi all,

Fairly new to the area. Thinking of heading out on Friday afternoon. I think it's neaps. Any ideas for a good session?

Cheers

User avatar
blast
Posts: 6501
Joined: 23 Mar 2015, 16:37
Location: Wales UK
Contact:

W/Ending 11th August

Postby blast » 07 Aug 2019, 10:14

r4oul wrote:Hi all,

Fairly new to the area. Thinking of heading out on Friday afternoon. I think it's neaps. Any ideas for a good session?

Cheers



Less worrying than the tides is the storm coming in from Friday, winds due to be 40mph and poss thunder etc
Unless you have a small kite and/or are sufficiently experienced I'd suggest saving it for another day.

The Boardmaster's event in Newquay has just been cancelled due to the storm
North / Ozone / PLKB / Airush / Epic / CrazyFly / Shinn / Mystic / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk


Return to “Sessions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests