What’s the state of Aber at the moment

General Kitesurfing gossip
DaveF

Postby DaveF » 08 May 2018, 16:48

Haven’t graced Aber with my presence for a while now.
What’s the current state of the beach wrt rocks/debris and the dreaded Scum :o ?

splashtestdummy

Postby splashtestdummy » 08 May 2018, 17:31

I was ther last week from low tide. Scum was pretty much all up the beach with the odd clear patch. Couldn’t smell anything and didn’t suffer any symptoms that others reported. The beach was very clean and no debris bricks etc were visible. I’d forgotten how good the sessions can be there and made a mental note to use it more often. I made sure I landed the kite on a patch with no scum or above the HT mark...

DaveF

Postby DaveF » 08 May 2018, 21:36

Thanks Splash.
Hope to catch up soon.

alunj

Postby alunj » 08 May 2018, 22:13

Scum in full force ! Still trying to get to bottom of chemical stink half way along beach . Meeting NRW , NPT and St Modwen on Friday . No debris like rocks or bricks at mo but one big swell will change that as more of the rubble that was dumped when the sea broke thru where the car park is now (years ago) is eroded out of the dune. I would give the car park 3-4 years before it’s in the drink !

I’ve now had so many nasties I don’t tend to go in much even tho it’s on my door step .

blast

Postby blast » 08 May 2018, 22:58

Does that mean we may actually see you out on the water at sunny Porthcawl then? ;)
Epic / F-One / Shinn / Peter Lynn / Mystic / Airush / CrazyFly / Fluid / Blankforce / Moses / Axis / Ozone

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

splashtestdummy

Postby splashtestdummy » 09 May 2018, 21:53

DaveF wrote:Thanks Splash.
Hope to catch up soon.

Mon-Fri worker now so it's evenings early finishes and weekends for me...Had a few more sessions lately so defo see you on the water soon...

Return to “Off The Lip”