Kite sizes for algarve in august?

Introduce yourself... Ask for advice...
legepe

Postby legepe » 06 Jul 2017, 11:35

Hi everyone...
Im brand new here and brand new to kitesurfing.
Ive had a few lessons around 10 years ago in Tarifa and a couple more two or three years back but never managed to master it..!
Me and the family are off to Alvor in Portugal for two weeks from 10th August and i want to try and learn once and for all to kitesurf..!!
Anyone familiar with this area? Im around 91 kilos. Can anyone advise what type/size kite(s) would be best for me to get started.. what type of harness? any other advice?
Would I be better off buying the kit in the uk or buying it while in Portugal?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
legepe

blast

Re: Kite sizes for algarve in august?

Postby blast » 06 Jul 2017, 21:05

Hi and welcome to the forum.
I've not been to Alvor but know plenty that have and heard it can be good (like anywhere when the wind gods play ball)

Regards the kit, we'd obviously recommend buying here in the UK and especially from local business ;) as then they will be there for ongoing support.
Also if you have any problems then we are here to help sort it out. Obviously we have a vested interest but I genuinely think the above is important,....we will always be there on the local beaches to help out where necessary.

TBH I think the UK prices will probably be pretty good competitive, the £ is shite and hence we have been selling a large proportion of our sales across Europe including Portugal.

Sizes probably bigger around 13/14m may be the way to go especially with it being summer now also but obviously eventually you would need at least another kite size to add to this....something like the Airush DNA or Ozone Catalyst (both on our website).

Also a bigger board will help...especially the width.

marc
Duotone / Ozone / Epic / F-One / Shinn / Peter Lynn / Mystic / Airush / CrazyFly / Fluid / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

legepe

Postby legepe » 07 Jul 2017, 15:25

Thanks for the reply blast..
Would I be correct in thinking the other kite size should be around a 9m?
I will take a look at what you have in your shop.. but I will be perfectly honest.. I'm on a budget, especially as I am just starting out so to speak.. and Im probably going to have to look for used equipment until its proven I will learn and continue with kitesurfing..
I appreciate your advice though...
legepe

blast

Postby blast » 07 Jul 2017, 20:45

No problem at all.
Yes most popular combo is around 9m then 12m + for guys
But weight does play a big part in the choice plus obviously the conditions where you mostly kite
Duotone / Ozone / Epic / F-One / Shinn / Peter Lynn / Mystic / Airush / CrazyFly / Fluid / Blankforce / Axis

#supportyourlocalshop
http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

Return to “Newbie's”